Thursday, July 30, 2009

Let's talk about height, baby

I am so excited to read The Tall Book. Why? Because tall people ROCK. (Not that I am biased, being 6'1" and all.) Need more proof that we're super cool? Read this TIME article. Here is an excerpt: "... tall people have a more pleasant disposition and are more easygoing. They don't have to make an extra effort to command attention. When they walk into a room, it tends to come naturally to them." Yeah, we're awesome.

So since I'm on a tall kick, here are some of the best sites for Amazon ladies like myself. Admittedly, most of them deal with online shopping since 1) I hate shopping in stores (malls = hell) and 2) it's impossible to find clothing in a normal store that fits long-legged ladies like myself.

- Barefoottess.com: Ok, not specifically for tall people per se, but since tall chicks usually have elephant sized feet, this site is essential. Cool and fashionable shoes up to size 15? Um, sign me up. (Side note -- my feet aren't that big. I wear an 11 or 12. Ok, fine, I wear a 12.) Make sure to sign up for the newsletter to get access to amazing sales. (I scored $300 Delman shoes for $150.)

- Zappos: Duh. Have you been living under a rock? Like Barefoottess.com, lots of shoes, lots of sizes.

- Bananarepublic.com: Y'all know the mall store, but did you know that the online store sells most of their clothes in tall sizes? And here is what truly makes BR rock: I got a few pairs of nice dress pants for the wallet friendly price of $80 bucks a pair. (Quite the steal compared to the $150 I used to drop at J. Crew, who also sell tall, albeit, expensive duds.) Plus, as I said above, I hate shopping in malls, so this saves me a trip. Yay! (BONUS: Check out sister site Gap.com. Their jeans come in extra long. Sweet!)

- SeatGuru.com: Not only am I very tall, but I am also all legs. My inseam is 36" -- the same as my 6'7" brother Robby. (I know, woe is me right?) So traveling by plane is pretty painful, if not impossible, because my legs barely fit into the tiny seats. SeatGuru rocks 'cause it has all the details about what seats are most comfy, have the most leg room, etc. Essential before any trip.

- Last minute addition: BCBG. No idea why, but their stuff fits me -- and most tall people -- perfectly. Only issue is that the skirts are a tad bit short, but I just don't bend over.

- Tallpersonals.com: I'm kidding.

By the way, want to check out the weirdest web site ever? Click here. A friend forwarded me this a while back, and I just stumbled upon it again. The dude has the weirdest tall fetish EVER. So strange.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your tallpersonals.com gave me a virus...