Saturday, May 2, 2009

Anti-Gay Marriage Ads

Did you hear about a new anti-gay marriage advertising campaign? Seems that Miss California, a cute Christian college coed named Carrie Prejean, is the star of a new campaign created by the National Organization for Marriage. Why her? As anyone who has been on YouTube during the last two weeks will recall, Ms. Prejean recently lost the Miss USA competition. She claims it was for this controversial answer:



Anyway, the new ad is titled "No offense" ('cause no offense, but gays are gross and immoral, right?). You can view it here.

My thoughts: I'm pro-gay marriage, so I obviously don't agree with Ms. Prejean. At the same time though, I respect her for having the guts to speak her truth. My biggest problem -- why would the National Organization for Marriage pick such an uninformed and inarticulate spokesperson to represent them? Ms. Prejean is probably a very sweet and lovely young woman, but her ability to argue her point, both at the Miss USA competition and in subsequent interviews, is clearly lacking. To be blunt -- she's a blond bimbo. Apparently the National Organization for Marriage couldn't find anyone better to support their cause. Hmm....I wonder why.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

So sick of conservative "Christians." They give "real" Christians like me a bad name. Christianity wouldn't exist without the freedom of choice, and Christians are supposed to love their neighbors as themselves. Conservative Christians treat being gay as if it was a bigger sin than lying or cheating or murder. They know better but are afraid to admit it. I can't even excuse them as being ignorant - I can only shake my head in shame that non-Christians think those Christians and I share the same ideologies.