Monday, December 1, 2008

Argentina countdown

A few days ago I said Argentina was a definite, but I lied. You see, I was offered a contract position with an ad agency here in H-town. It was a cool opportunity but something wasn't right -- it didn't feel like a place where I would be happy. So 30 minutes ago I turned it down, which means up until that point, my trip to Argentina was (potentially) on the chopping block.

Some people suggested I take the position and postpone or cancel the trip. And I seriously considered this option. But at the end of the day, if I don't want to work somewhere, I shouldn't. It is not fair to the company or myself. If my heart is not in something 100% then I won't produce work that I am proud of, and I can't live with that.

I am fortunate that I have some money saved up, as well as some freelance work coming in. I am not desperate for the first position that comes my way. But it was really hard to convince myself that this was the right decision. It is difficult to take a step back and say "I can do better for myself" especially with all the scary recession headlines...

Anyway, I cease my ramblings here.

Btw, today is World AIDS Day. Consider making a donation here:

Support World AIDS Day

And read this editorial. What do you think?

No comments: