Friday, December 5, 2008

In Buenos Aires!

I have arrived!

My flight was uneventful -- just what you want when you are 35K feet above the earth. I watched a bit of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (will someone explain to me why Blake Lively is an actress -- she is AWFUL!) and slept some. A friend of mine was on the flight too, so once we landed I was able to hop a ride into town with her and her aunt.

And then things started going downhill....

How?

First, my backpack BROKE. Yeah, like broke. Strap not connected to bag. Are you kidding me? I think a seamstress will be able to fix it, but if not I am screwed.

Second, I had to take another cab with this total asshole driver who had no change. I mean, what cab driver has no change? After a bit of a fight that required a lot of hand waving and sad faces, I did get some change -- but my cab ride was 2x more expensive then it should have been.

Third, the apartment is kind of crummy. I mean, the actual apartment itself is fine, but the furniture and linens and stuff are a bit worn around the edges. And who rents out an apartment with entirely white furniture? Needless to say, it's not sparkling white after a year or so of travelers crashing on it.

Fourth, the internet wasn't working.

I was exhausted and annoyed and just plain frustrated. So I did what any reasonable woman would do -- I took a nap.

The internet is working now (yay!) and I'm feeling more rested, so I'm going to head outside and go for a walk. Descriptions of BA and such will come tomorrow (if the internet is still working) as will photos!

No comments: